I want to ask if anyone like chou4 tofu. I went past a chou4 tofu stall and it smelled really awful!!! It's so smelly, I wonder why some people like to eat it, but 1 thing's for certain, I can't stand it!!! As requested by ong lai, I'll try not to use numbers to represent words, but habits die hard. I'll change if it's really hard to read, but I can't guarantee I'll not make this kind of mistakes in future. 1 more thing, I'm not suaning you on your big feet, I'm suaning those who are short, you get it? I typed in the word tall in your tagboard.
Chapter 9: The truth
"I'm not the one who found you. Jeff was the one who called me to let me know your whereabouts. I didn't bother to look for you when you were missing. Jeff went to find you when he knew that you were missing. However, he reckoned that you'd not want to see him after all the things that he had done. He thought you might be angry with him and not want to see him anymore." Davis continued.
"In other words, he's the one who found me first? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Jacqueline was both shocked and exasperated.
Without further delay, she ran out of the classroom, out of the school and hailed a cab to Changi Airport. She took out her phone and dialled Jeff's number furiously but there was no answer.
When she reached Changi Airport, she began searching frantically for Jeff, but to no avail. Her phone rang and it was Jeff.
"Don't bother to look for me. Go back. If you can't promise me anything, don't let me have the misconception. Let's remain as friends, can we? Got to go, may we meet again if there's a chance. Hope you find your happiness, bye." With that, the line was cut off, leaving Jacqueline stunned for words.
Jacqueline did not manage to find Jeff. Jeff had left her... there would be no one to argue with her, care for her, share the happiness and sorrows with her. There were a few moments when Jacqueline was touched by what Jeff had done for her. Although she appeared nonchalant towards Jeff by not accepting his help and blaming him, what she said to him were not her heartfelt words.
Her heart is after all, still made of flesh. If she is still unmoved by what Jeff had done, then she did not deserve to have such a good guy like Jeff by her side. It was no use anymore even if she wanted to tell Jeff how she felt. Jeff did not give her the chance to do so, just like what she did to Jeff too. She did not give Jeff a proper chance to walk into her heart but hurt him time and again.
It was only until now when Jeff had left her did she realise that she could not do without Jeff. She felt so lonely all of a sudden. She did not realise that Jeff had a big part to play in her life. The saying goes,' Absence makes the heart grow fonder', that was what she was feeling right now.
Even if Jeff did not talk to or ignore her, at least, he was still within Jacqueline's view. It was only until now did she realise that she missed him and was confirmed of her feelings towards him. All was too late now, if only time could reverse...
I'd not let him go. Jacqueline thought.
to be continued...
Chapter 10: Will Jacqueline get her chance?
No comments:
Post a Comment