Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A secret deep down...

Hello, here I come again! Saturday went to bata to get my pay, then went home to watch " Sassy girl, Chun-Hyang". The male leading role looks abit like wu ke qun. Quite handsome, would recommend it to any gals who like handsome guys! Miss my friends suddenly, especially " Ice Empire" , feimin, anabel... Miss the happy and " cold " moments with them. Haizz... Can't find back the time anymore. Sad... My sis commented on my story, find it boring and said my English sucks. Never mind, her Chinese also not that good... haha... Anyway, here's Chapter 4!

Chapter 4: A secret deep down...

Jeff was not in school the next day. Jacqueline was, in fact, worried. After all, Jeff had lent her his umbrella and ran home in the heavy rain. He might have caught a cold. She wanted to visit him to ensure that he is fine, but decided against it eventually. She did not want Jeff to get the wrong idea. It was only until she walked past Jeff's house ( bungalow ) that she stopped to take a look.

" It's only to show care and concern for my best friend when he's ill. I'll just take a look and if he's fine, I'll go home straight away. " Jacqueline mumbled to herself.

So, she walked over to Jeff's mailbox, pulled down the lid and took out a key from a hidden slot. It was still there. Jacqueline smiled to herself. Jeff had left a key in his mailbox for her so that she could enter his house even if he is not in and Jacqueline will wait for him inside.

She went into Jeff's house and looked around. No one was in the living room. Although Jeff's house was huge but she knew the way to his room as she has been walking along the same path in his house for many years.

She walked right into Jeff's room and saw him lying on his bed with a pallid face. She placed her hand over his forehead and realised he was running a fever. She quickly went to the toilet, dampened a towel with cold water and placed it on Jeff's forehead. After that, she went to the kitchen to cook some porridge for him. She was so busy taking care of Jeff, running to and fro between Jeff's room and the kitchen to dampen the towel with cold water consistently, fed him medicine and to cook the porridge.

Jeff slowly opened his eyes and realised that it was night but discovered that he was not alone. He smiled when he saw Jacqueline falling asleep by the side of his bed. He woke her up by shaking her gently and calling out her name. Jacqueline turned to leave when she awoke, but Jeff managed to grab hold of her hand.

" How am I going to eat the porridge you specially made for me when I'm so weak and have not fully recovered? " Jeff asked when he caught sight of the bowl of porridge.

" How would I know? It's your own problem! Who told you to lend me your umbrella? You deserved to get sick! Serves you right!" Jacqueline replied sarcastically and stuck out her tongue.

" Can we remain like this? I want you to be friends with me again. Never mind if you don't like me but you can't deprive me of my rights to like you. I've the freedom to choose what I like and who I like. Although I don't know why you can't accept me, but I think you must have your reasons for doing so. It's all right if you don't want to tell me, but promise me you will if the time is ripe. Meanwhile, can you feed me now? I'm starving!" Jeff laughed and opened his mouth.

Jacqueline smiled and fed Jeff his porridge. They were best friends again, just like before. But Jeff was right, Jacqueline had a secret, which Jeff-- someone who knows her inside out and been with her for so long, does not know...

to be continued...
Stay tuned for Chapter 5: Jacqueline's
secret... REVEALED!!!

No comments: