Saturday, May 21, 2011

Beastly

Had aston's (finally!!! my all-time favourite!haha) for dinner. Caught the movie 'Beastly' with min, bel & liz yesterday night, was rather looking forward to this movie cause the storyline was like a real-life version of 'Beauty & the Beast'. I somehow feel that the romance part wasn't enough though, I can't feel the romance thing, I don't feel a single thing at all, which makes this movie a failure I guess? But nevertheless, it's because I expected too much, if you are really bored and there isn't any movies for you to watch and you really want to watch a movie, go and watch this then.

We went to lido to watch it and halfway through, I think the film has some technical errors and the lights went on and the screen blacked out for a few seconds. Luckily everything was back to normal again after a few seconds, I still prefer cathay but since we couldn't get any timings for this movie at cathay, we had no choice but to settle for shaw at lido.

This sets me thinking: everyone in this world is gonna care about looks right? No one is going to look beyond the exterior and see how beautiful you are on the inside right? If someone as hideous as a beast appeared in front of you, you would have feel disgusted with this person and quickly walk away rather than being friends with him/her right? People care about appearance, that's just a fact I got to accept. I care about appearance too, even though I stressed alot on the interior but I still care about how others look at me. If only people don't care so much about appearance, then there won't be any competition among people to fight for "who's the most good-looking person, who is dressed as the best/ most outstanding in terms of appearance". That's reality for me, if only I can not care about others' opinions and just be myself, easier said than done!

Our personality is often shaped based on the expectations of others. Agree to some extent, either you choose to conform to their expectations or you choose to be different, to be yourself regardless of what they say:)

No comments: