Hectic and busy weekend helping out and attending wedding banquets but I'm glad it's finally over and I can finally have sufficient rest and sleep. My laptop is back! Attended 3 wedding banquets back to back over the weekends, I had the most energy for the first one since I had sufficient rest the night before. I was only involved with reception duty, helping bride change into second gown and holding her dress when she had to walk from table to table for photo-taking. I totally didn't expect her to give me such a big angbao, I totally forgot they will give. Even if I remember, I wouldn't expect so much and she only gave me after the whole event so I can't even return some to her because I already gave her my angbao. I don't feel that I did a lot, there is really no need for her to give me so much, will treat her to dinner when we meet the next time. I didn't expect her to ask me to be her sister either, I thought she will ask her other friends. Not that we are not close, but I thought she might have other friends whom she feels closer with. 是我人缘好吗?:D I still like the song Perfect no matter how many times I've listened to it at wedding banquets but I still prefer original singer version. In fact I'm more sick of hearing 告白气球, used to like that song but not anymore.
The evening banquet is more relaxing because I don't need to do anything, just need to show up and eat. My friends could tell I was tired for the night, I was starting to yawn towards the end of the banquet. The live band was a little different from the usual ones because they allow anyone to go up and sing or dedicate songs to the newly-wed but mostly it was the older generation who went up so we heard quite a lot of oldies. Had a good chat with Jeff about the good old times, I missed those carefree days where we will always go out in one big group and watch movies after lesson ended or sing k after exams ended. Complained about those times when we had to do project and dissatisfaction with some biased teacher etc. 我承认我对朋友很好,好到有时候有些人会欺负我,可是如果觉得自己被欺负了还是会说出来。我不是对每个人都好,只有我的朋友还是我喜欢的人我才会对他们好,不熟的人我根本就不会理会他们。我当时对你好只是觉得你需要帮忙而我又可以帮得到你,那当然要帮啊!我也没有想太多,只是觉得你是我的朋友,帮你没有关系啊,我又不会有损失。真的想欺负你的人,又怎么会觉得不好意思?
Reached home at 12+, slept at 1am, woke up at 5am and started preparing for the final wedding for that weekend. This is the fourth time I’ve been asked to be sister, I still have one more at the end of the year. Good thing is, there is no gatecrash and the groom had so much sincerity we didn't make things too difficult for him either. He gave 3 angbaos and all of them are in SGD, he didn't even try to slot in any fake cash or monopoly money or rupiah. I thought only the last angbao will be the real deal but nope, all 3 are the real deals, how to make things difficult for him? Helped out with tea ceremony, played the solemnization song (Jay Chou's own wedding march in song) when they marched in, reception duty, playing videos and displaying the pictures for dinner. I was exhausted and keep yawning, when we reached the hotel, I don't even feel like talking anymore. Actually wanted to give $200+ but ended up giving $300+ because the groom gave us $100 angbao for helping out so we returned all, rich kid haha. The bride gave a heartwarming speech, very touching but nope I didn't cry but the bride did. The menu for the first two wedding banquets are almost similar, thankfully fullerton's one was totally different if not I'd have gotten so sick of eating the same 8-course meal for 2 days. I can finally drink alcohol yesterday but I only drank champagne. I was afraid to drink for the previous two, need to wake up early the next day don’t want to get drunk. Live band sang almost the same songs as previous night but one thing I don't understand, towards the end they started singing 小幸运, right here waiting which I think was inappropriate for such a happy occasion. Min is so busy until even after the event ended, I still have not received the wedding invitation haha.
Anyway, congrats Mrs Yeo, Mr Kee and Mrs Tan. Have a blissful marriage and 早生贵子! 4 down, 3 more to go.










No comments:
Post a Comment